In the interest of transparency, the Wildfire Games team would like to report on the finances of the project as of 2015-11-25.
0 A.D. has funds in three places:
- Funds earmarked for the project and held in trust by US-based non-profit organization Software in the Public Interest, Inc. (hereafter “SPI”);
- A private account in the US, under the name of former project leader, Jason Bishop (Wijitmaker). This account is a legacy of the time before we became affiliated with SPI;
- Flattr, a Sweden-based microdonation provider.
SPI Earmark for 0 A.D.
As of 2015-10-31, the 0 A.D. earmark is USD 34,410.05.
- Web hosting costs about USD 85-90 per month, or USD 1,000 a year, and are paid directly from these funds.
- Some of these funds (approximately USD 5,200) will soon go towards reimbursing Erik Johansson (feneur) who has bought the perks we promised our donors. Edit (2016-01-08): The perks ended up costing USD 5,611.10.
- We know donors have been waiting for their perks for a long time. We sincerely apologize for the long delay in perk fulfillment.
In our “legacy” US bank account, we have USD 332.82.
On Flattr, we have EUR 619.75 available, which are approximately USD 662.27.
In total, we have approximately 35,405.14 USD in all three accounts.
The 0 A.D. project finances are managed by the Treasury Committee: Erik (“feneur”), Adarash (“MishFTW”) and Aviv (“Jeru”). We welcome your comments and suggestions on the forums.